The Educational Psychologist along with other clinical team members provides programs and services to enhance students' confidence in his/her learning environment.
The clinical team comprises educational psychologists, child psychologist, counselling psychologist, family therapist and Learning Support specialist to ensure professional competence and service excellence.
This would be most beneficial for students from 5 – 18 years old who are:
- In need of diagnostic assessment for learning and behavioural-related issues, including developmental disorders like autism and dyslexia
- Requiring intervention and learning program
- In need of extra support for appropriate communication, sensory integration and speech delays
- In need to interact appropriately with both their peers and adults to further develop their social interaction and social skills through guided assistance
The clinical team provides services which include:
1. Consultation & Assessment
After initial consultation the appropriate diagnostic assessment for cognitive, literacy and developmental abilities will be recommended.
The intervention program can be conducted individually or in a small group to enhance cognitive or literacy development to improve logical thinking, accurate perception, auditory processing and memory skills. The types of intervention program could include:
Early Intervention Program
The Early Intervention Program gives children an early headstart in preparation for school. This program targets school readiness and ultimate transition into formal schooling.
Individualized Education Programme
The Individualised Education Program focuses on helping the child retain the skills learnt. To ensure a smooth transition, children will also learn functional academics, literacy and independent skills while he/she waits for a formal school placement.
We understand that often children have a wide range of needs that may mean they are spending time with many different professionals. We endeavour to create positive working relationships with all adults. We provide developmentally appropriate fun, creative and challenging tasks to build social, language and thinking skills.